Simply Satisfying Egg Bites
Ah, March, the month when the sun rises with you and the birds sing to greet the day! Flowers are popping out of the once barren ground, and plants are budding in anticipation to bloom. These extra hours of daylight inspire me to spend more time outdoors, either working in the garden or playing with the furry family. To ensure I have sustainable energy throughout the day, I like to batch make some nutritious and protein-packed egg cups for the week. Whether it be for a quick breakfast or added to a salad, you can’t go wrong with these savoury snacks!
One medium yam, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
Two chopped green onion sprigs
1/2 cup of shredded spinach
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Set oven to 350 F. Place diced yam onto a baking tray, coat with olive oil and herbal salt. Bake for 20 minutes
2. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, green onion, and spinach.
3. Once the yam has baked, place in a 12 cup muffin tin (nonstick or pre-oiled)just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
4. Divide the egg mixture into the muffin tin to fill each cup.
5. Sprinkle cayenne pepper and black pepper on top of each.
6. Place in oven at 350 F for another 20-25 minutes until cooked.
7. Wait to cool before serving.
And there you go! The perfect combination of protein and complex carbohydrates to balance out that blood sugar.
So why wait? Get your morning started!
Happy spring, have an eggcellent day (sorry, I couldn’t help myself).